Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 1st

2 posters

Go down

February 1st Empty February 1st

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Heart Attitude
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 1st Empty Re: February 1st

Post  Anthony Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:30 am

Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord

Paul said that our service includes the way we go about our daily work

This is very "hot" and "cold" for me. Some days I feel as though I am right where I need to be and am quite joyful. Others days I feel overwhelemend, stressed and cranki. Hiding my emotions has never been a gift of mine... they're always right there on my sleeve. No

Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 1st Empty It is the Lord Christ whom you serve...

Post  carlossardo Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:11 pm

This reading reminds me of one of my motivational verses Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve." Like the verse we studied today it also focuses on slaves, imaginably people who have no joy in their work because of their bondage. We are reminded by both verses that regardless of what we do that everything we do, including our attitude, is being done for God. That in itself should be motivation enough for everything we do. When I have a task that is unpleasant I often time think of this verse and it helps both get the job done and with correcting my attitude.
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

February 1st Empty Re: February 1st

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down