Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 3rd

4 posters

Go down

February 3rd Empty February 3rd

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:25 pm

Savor The Flavor
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 3rd Empty Reflection & Gratitude

Post  carlossardo Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:58 pm

When I read today's selection I immediately thought of REFLECTION & GRATITUDE. Sometimes I don't get the opportunity to rejoice because I've not taken the time to reflect. As the Israelites heard from the Book of the Law they began to reflect on what great blessings they have been given. The expression of gratitude, in the form of rejoicing and feasting come easy to us. The story also reminds me to be grateful for God's blessings and not get caught up in my own soap-opera issues. No pity parties. We need to rejoice and give thanks, but first we need to reflect on our mighty God. sunny
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

February 3rd Empty Re: February 3rd

Post  Anthony Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:42 pm

The expression that kept playing in my mind as I did today's reading was "slow down." It's very easy to be thinking about tomorrow and not enjoy today.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 3rd Empty Worth Taking Time

Post  Deesardo Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 pm

"The spiritual banquet God has prepared for us in His Word is a cause for great joy. It is worth taking time to savor." -David McCasland

To many times a day we make excuses for things in life. There wasn't enough time, I didn't understand, or it wasn't a priority. Can you imagine saying that to God's face if he were to ask you for a favor or asked you to worship with him? I know for myself, that has been what I was doing when it came to this daily bread. The computer isn't hooked up, I out of town for work, or I just want to relax tonight. But what better way to make all those things easier in life, by taking the time to read God's word and truly understand the laws as taught in Nehemiah. "For the joy of The Lord is your strength" (v.10). Such simple words, that sometimes the understanding of them are lost.

It's worth taking the time. As God has taken the time to build us a beautiful spiritual banquet, we in return need to take the time to listen and understand his teachings. But, I also feel like that means its also our responsibility, in the right moments to help teach others. So my commitment to my God and myself, is to be a good listener of his word and dive into the daily bread...daily, no excuses.

Deesardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Deesardo Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:59 pm

So true Anthony... That's why one of my favorite verses is Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it own."

Deesardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sardo Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:33 pm

I love the story of Nehemiah, and today's passage has a great sermon, or two in it.
I think with all that is going on, or not going on, with our church right now what stood out to me today was the participation of the body of believers. They gathered all together to be taught the scriptures for MANY hours. They praised The Lord, lifted their hands, said Amen!, and BOWED DOWN and worshiped (an important part that is forgotten today), they wept, listened, celebrated together with food and drink and understanding was revealed to them. What a full day!
I know for me I need first of all to pray for Godly, Biblical leaders, and my faithfulness in following.
Also to keep foremost in my mind the knowledge that "the joy of The Lord is my strength" Smile

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down