Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 9th

3 posters

Go down

February 9th Empty February 9th

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Divine Diversions
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 9th Empty Re: February 9th

Post  Sheri Sardo Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Here we see Joseph with an enormous "divine diversion" and his response is immediate! Matthew 1:24, When Joseph woke up he DID what the angle of The Lord had commanded him.... ". He didn't hesitate, think about it or seek advise. He put his obedience into ACTION immediately despite the cultural consequences to himself.
I guess that was quite a dream he had, an appearance by the angel of The Lord!
So many lessons here. To be at that point in my relationship with The Lord so I know when he is speaking to me, to listen to Him, and to take immediate actions of obedience despite the cost! Wow!!!

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:19 pm

“My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways” (Isa. 55:Cool, knows that He often needs to divert us in order to make more of our lives than we would have if we had stuck to our original plans.

Divine diversions is an interesting topic. We've all been diverted from a certain path at one time or another. Two years ago if you would've told me we'd be living in Newport Beach, I would've called you crazy. So are we to assume all diversions are divine? Or just the ones where God speaks to us, like in today's reading examples?

Suspect
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 9th Empty Not ALL Diversions are Divine but...

Post  carlossardo Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:48 pm

...God can use any diversion in our lives for His purpose. I usually see God's intervention in my life after-the-fact. I've not heard divine voices or receive any "burning bush" signs, yet after prayer concerning certain aspects of my life I'm given the blessing of seeing how God is working in my life. It's always a difficult thing to put into words but it is a spiritual awareness and sensation. I know it when I know it. I also know that when I'm distant from Him that the ability to sense His works in my life become less apparent. That's one great thing about this Daily Bread Chat. I'm more aware of His presence in my daily life...and in yours too. cheers
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down