Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 8th

4 posters

Go down

February 8th Empty February 8th

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Mysterious Truth
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 8th Empty Re: February 8th

Post  Anthony Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:25 pm

I have a tough time seeing what is “precious” about the fact that our daughter was taken in a car accident at the age of 17—or that any of us have lost cherished loved ones.

Difficult message for me today as this is a topic I've always struggled with. I can't stand when bad things happen to children. I understand the concept of them "going home to the Father," but still cannot comprehend the value and importance of them doing so at an early age. As a parent, I'm not sure I'd be strong enough to recover. It reminds me of the story of Job. One's Faith and Trust in God has to be quite strong.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haley Saba Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Very Happy
Haley Saba
Haley Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sardo Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:35 am

Oh, I waited until far to late (or actually early in the morning) to write on this one. Sad
I think the author answered it in the first sentence. An infinite God's thoughts and actions are beyond what finite man can ever understand. I can't imagine the pain of loosing a close loved one, especially a child but I do like how the reading mentioned the Father has great joy when he welcomes His children home and how He delights in seeing the joy on the faces of those arriving when they come face to face with His Son. The sorrow is only felt by those who are left behind while all heaven rejoices. Knowing that I'm sure is comforting but it still can't take away the pain of the loss. I guess that is our human narcissistic nature.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

February 8th Empty Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven...

Post  carlossardo Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:27 am

...but nobody wants to die. We forget that we are here for Him and that life is not about us. We narcissistically go about our days thinking about our world and it many complexities when we should think about His world and how we should be in communion with Him. What makes us think that we have the capacity to understand His ways? A simple reality is that our life-long attempt to understand God is a form of adoration. Although we KNOW that we will never make sense of His ways our longing to get closer to Him is a way of saying "I love you". We are told to be Christ-like and know that to be exactly like Him is impossible; but we continue to obey in an act of adoration. So lets continue to try to figure out His ways as we worship and adore Him!
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down