Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 28th

3 posters

Go down

March 28th Empty March 28th

Post  Anthony Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:22 am

“And It Was Night”
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

March 28th Empty We are always ready to celebrate but...

Post  carlossardo Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:43 pm

...forget the enormous pain and suffering that was required to get to that point of celebration. I remember as a little boy we were not allowed to do anything on Good Friday. It was supposed to be a day of meditation and reflection of the price Jesus paid for our sins. No playing, no loud activities, nor any outward expressions of joy. After all, Christ died on this day. Sad I went to a church service that was extremely serious in mood. You can imagine how we felt on Easter morning. We celebrated our risen Lord and as kids celebrated that we were longer in morning. One day of reflection, that's it. Perhaps we should take more than one day a year to reflect on the gift we received. Suspect
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

March 28th Empty Re: March 28th

Post  Tricia Saba Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:36 pm

Tonight the kids and I read the Last Supper and talked about tomorrows Good Friday service. When they were babies they would go with me to the noon Good Friday Service but I am excited that we have a 3:00 service so they can go with me. It will be interesting to see how they react. Oddly this is always one of my favorite services.

Tenebrae is one of the services I got to attend as a part of my art history classes at Seattle Pacific. There was another service we went to that was that same week. I can't remember what it was called it was colorful and beautiful.(maybe the stations???) Anyway the two services helped remind me of the darkness of His death and made me think about how great the gift was we were given.

In regards, to the Daily Bread a few days back about the Earth, I did share it with the kids. I had alone time with each them tonight as I drove one or the other to a practice. Haley said, "That message should be shared with everyone and then maybe more people would understand how important it is." She thought that Earth Day Campaigns should be more biblical. The timing was perfect because we happened to passed several Earth Day (April 20th) signs while driving. Eric (the boy who got the award for speaking) said, "That makes sense."
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

March 28th Empty Re: March 28th

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down