Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 28th

+2
Sheri Sardo
Anthony
6 posters

Go down

January 28th Empty January 28th

Post  Anthony Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:16 pm

THE GOOD OLD DAYS
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 28th Empty Re: January 28th

Post  Anthony Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:06 am

I heard a story about an elderly woman who would sit in silence for hours in her rocking chair, hands folded in her lap, eyes gazing off into the far distance.

For me at least, I spend more time thinking about mistakes I've made in the past, rather than ways I've been blessed (perhaps that's human nature). This is something not easily overcome, but something I need to work on.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 28th Empty "Meditate on His works"

Post  Sheri Sardo Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:39 am

What a great reading to start the day with! Meditating on His works instead of dwelling on what I have done not only puts God foremost on my mind but also puts me in a very positive state of mind , which brings joy! Which causes me to pass joy on, which blesses God, which brings joy...... Smile

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Saba Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Think of the good things God has done and if you are worrying about the bad things ask God for forgiveness. Suspect
Eric Saba
Eric Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Haley Saba Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 pm

I sometimes worry about what I have done I need to work on thinking about my good days not bad.
Sometimes at night I thank God for all the prayers He has answered.

Don't dwell on bad memories.
Haley Saba
Haley Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 pm

We had a good discussion about this today...
One of my children being a worrier, we discussed why we worry about the past. Two of the reasons why we dwell on the past (as we discussed) is because we have not asked for forgiveness or forgiven ourselves. This lead to a converstation about our relationship with God and our joy.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:42 am

This story reminded me of the "365 Grateful" project. Unfortunately we don't take the time for reflection and gratitude. We all understand how great it is to meditate but neglect to make time to do so. Perhaps something I need to work on this... Hey TC maybe your kids would enjoy a similar project...just not so intense. It could be good to reflect on God's blessings periodically. A plan to be grateful. Hmm...
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down