Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 2nd

3 posters

Go down

March 2nd Empty March 2nd

Post  Anthony Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:10 am

A Good Man
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

March 2nd Empty Re: March 2nd

Post  Anthony Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Well today's Bible verse was a real pick-me-up! Laughing Sad, but true.

Jerry was a good man, but he could never be “good enough.” And neither can we. It is only by grace that we can be saved through faith. And that has absolutely nothing to do with our human efforts. “It is the gift of God” (Eph. 2:Cool.

Always been a bit of an issue for me, especially when I was in my early 20's. I understand the needing to accept the Lord in order to achieve Heaven, but my struggle has always been with the fact that "good people" who may have a different belief, will share the same ultimate fate as killers and child molesters. No I understand but struggle with it.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deesardo Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:02 pm

Well this was a depressing way to start the morning. And like you said Anthony, sad but true.

"By grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8

It still amazes me, that God would give us such a gift in life. After all our wrongs and sins that someone could still love me and offer me such a gift. How could someone not work towards this life?

Deesardo

Back to top Go down

March 2nd Empty Life is NOT about me...

Post  carlossardo Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:06 pm

...but about God. My existence is for His pleasure, not the other way around. If my good works assures my salvation then all I have to do is BUY my salvation with certain behaviors. That puts me in control, which I would like, but it also implies that I have control over God. The worst sin is to reject God.
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down