Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 5th

3 posters

Go down

March 5th Empty March 5th

Post  Anthony Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:12 am

Forced Leisure
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

March 5th Empty Re: March 5th

Post  Anthony Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:41 pm

learned how to slow down, reflect quietly, and rest in God’s goodness, love, and perfect plan

Really been trying to get better at this. I have a bad habit of spending time thinking about "what's next," instead of focusing on the moment.

Now back in her busy routine, she often pauses to recapture the lessons of “forced leisure.”

I need to start forcing this.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

March 5th Empty Sunday

Post  Tricia Saba Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:33 am

I believe this is what the day of rest was meant for, reflection and rest in God's goodness. Yet, in today's world it is has become just another day to get something done or an extra day to squeeze in another practice. Something to strive for and to pray about.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

March 5th Empty Reflection & Gratitude

Post  carlossardo Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:42 am

I've heard this many times over the past year. The secret to life is not to dwell on the negative, that we don't understand, but to focus on the blessings that are numerous. Various speakers at the recent Learning & the Brain conference focused on the issues associated with the lack of reflection. In our instantaneous culture we go from one activity to another without reflecting on what happened. It in reflection that higher levels of thinking and memory which effects learning, occurred. Many speakers blamed our current problems in education on the frantic rate we teach at without the benefit of reflection. Reflection and Gratitude!!!
We need to take time to reflect on our many blessings. sunny
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

March 5th Empty Re: March 5th

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down