Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 3rd

2 posters

Go down

March 3rd Empty March 3rd

Post  Anthony Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:11 am

Refreshing Candor
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

March 3rd Empty Re: March 3rd

Post  carlossardo Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:45 pm

The author's intent was clearly to share the concept of being open and honest when speaking. While that was his intent I kept thinking of their conversation. She keeps bringing up rules and Jesus keeps reminding her of the bigger issue. We commonly face the same situations. We either hear or participate in discussions on Christain practices. Do you worship on Saturday/Sunday, speak in tongues, use instruments, pray kneeling/standing, etc... Love the Lord with all your heart...and your neighbor as yourself. It just doesn't get any simpler than that concept. But that simplicity is about God, the other stuff is about man. Again a huge issue of control.
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Like Carlos refers to, scrape away all the details and it comes down to that one simple fact.

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down