Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 9th

3 posters

Go down

March 9th Empty March 9th

Post  Anthony Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:14 am

Praying Friends
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

March 9th Empty Asked and Answered

Post  carlossardo Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:04 pm

This is an update on yesterday's posting. I previously mentioned that I was spending a couple of days around people who could use the relationship we have with our Lord. I prayed that the opportunity would come up. I asked and God answered.

I spent most of Friday with a Catholic friend discussing the important role the Godfather Wink plays in the life of the church. We discussed the role from a spiritual sense not just the cultural understanding. We concluded with the idea that before one could play that strong spiritual role in the life of a child, one must work on their own spiritual relationship with God. What a great observation for the young father, whom I've known since he was a student, to conclude.

I also spent some hours talking with a colleague who while living the American Dream but is unhappy. We went all over the place on priorities, joy and spirituality. I shared the relationship that exist between gratitude and joy. We spoke about him taking his family back to church and how a stronger spiritual life can help with his lack of joy. Another opportunity that God allowed me to experience. I will continue to pray for this young family with the confidence that God will answer.

I know that I have people who pray for me. They are my "praying friends" the author speaks about. I too need to remember to pray for "friends", not just family members.

carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

March 9th Empty Re: March 9th

Post  Sheri Sardo Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:28 pm

The last phrase in today's reading summed it all up, "The best kind of friend is a praying friend". I have found this to be true in my life. It not only creates a stronger bond between myself and that person but it also brings me closer to God. So my prayer for each of you, especially all of you who have moved to new locations, is that you would find a praying friend.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

March 9th Empty Re: March 9th

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down