Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 6th

+3
carlossardo
Sheri Sardo
Anthony
7 posters

Go down

January 6th Empty January 6th

Post  Anthony Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:26 pm

WHAT IS THAT TO YOU?
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 6th Empty Re: January 6th

Post  Sheri Sardo Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:10 pm

The reading today reminded me of last Sunday when we visited Pops' (Richard) Sunday school class. There was a 10 year old girl visiting the class with her grandmother and she was very brave to speak up and ask a question in this very elderly adult class. Her dilemma was, in her class at school all the kids are basically bad. They are always in trouble, don't do any of their work and are disrespectful to the teacher. These kids don't see anything wrong with their behavior and don't think this is going to have any effect on their lives. So this little girl was wandering if they are right. Is there no price to pay for their actions because nothing seams to happen to them? After class your dad (Carlos) asked her if she felt God's grace in her life. (God's grace to us is what the lesson had been on) She said yes she did and dad told her that's what the other kids don't feel in their life. She said "oh I get it".
Do we get it? II Corinthians 12:9 My grace is sufficient for you.. I don't need to worry about anyone else because I feel God's grace.

Last edited by Sheri Sardo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

January 6th Empty Keep it Simple

Post  carlossardo Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:13 pm

I've always wonder at how God tries to give us simple guidelines or directions and we make them into complex dilemmas. While Jesus wanted Peter to understand the simplicity of showing his love by taking care His sheep, Peter was already concerned about exceptions. I often think that God looks at man in disappointment when He tries to simplify and we muck it up. Look at all the denominations that exist today all prophesying to following God's word better than the next. We constantly make excuses as to what God expects depending on what is convenient to us. "Take care of my sheep" it doesn't get any simpler.
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:40 pm

Christians sometimes are like singers in a children’s choir. Instead of looking at Jesus, the great Conductor of the symphony of life, we are busy squirming or looking at each other or watching the audience.

I like the analogy. Instead of concerning ourselves with something or someone else, our focus should be on Jesus.

Carlos' point on the multitude of different denominations has always intrigued me. Having to "go through" saints, confessing, fasting, different books by different people, etc... Sometimes I think we make it too complicated.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:01 pm

I'm reading this book right now called Make My Life A Miracle by Ann Ortlund and as like in her other books she always says to "Look in and up." Look in our hearts and and to God. It is her way of keeping the focus on God.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Deesardo Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Wow..I took a break from planning a work meeting to read this passage and it hit home with something I would like to teach my girls. So many times, no matter how hard we try, we tend to focus on so many things around us that are less important. And little do we realize but at that time our "lost focus" is not only hurting ourselves but those around us. I find right now, for myself, is that it is hard to keep the focus in my environment right now. When others are so focus on everything around them, how do you keep yourself from getting sucked into that, and how do you teach them to stay away from the "lost focus?" My goal/focus for this next week is to not only work hard on my focus of The Lord, but to be able to show that to my coworkers.

Deesardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Haley Saba Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Tricia is typing for Haley as she is under the weather and needs to get ready for bed.

Haley say, "So it is saying do not be distracted by others and go in God's direction..."
Good Night!
Haley Saba
Haley Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Saba Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Very Happy
Eric Saba
Eric Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content