Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 1st

4 posters

Go down

January 1st Empty January 1st

Post  Anthony Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:28 pm

THE GOOD LIFE
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 1st Empty Re: January 1st

Post  carlossardo Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Happy New Year! The title of today's topic is perfect for the start of the new year. The Good Life describes how we feel about our lives when we are in a relationship with God. Things just feel better as we feel God's grace in our daily lives. It effects the attitude and even the way we do things. At church Sunday I was talking to a 10 year old girl who was wondering if some "naughty" students in her class would ever have any consequence for their inappropriate behavior because it seems they are "getting away with" it. I asked her if she felt God's grace in her life. She said yes. I reminded her that those students who are being "naughty" are not at that moment feeling what she feels. She smiled and told me that she sees that the consequences are not necessarily eternal but daily. Moment by moment. She feels the joy of God NOW...and so do I.
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:39 pm

What a great way to start. Like Carlos said and today's reading infers, one's overall attitude is just different the closer they get to God. Never have I felt this more evident then when I went through the daily Bible for a year back in 2009 (I think it was). Since then I've not done a good job in this area and hope this new reading commitment gets me going again, this time permanently. I like to say that life just seems to get too busy to find the time; but that's a poor excuse.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 1st Empty Happy New Year!

Post  Tricia Saba Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:00 pm

The verse that resonated with me was Isaiah 49:16, "Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;" It reminds me that we are in a relationship with God.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

January 1st Empty Timely Timeless Truths

Post  ksardo Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Timely Timeless Truths, as usual. My year is starting off with the beginning of this passage. "When my heart was grieved; and my spirit embittered; I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you." While I have experienced "the good life" that comes with the closeness of God, I am further than I've been in some time. I'd say he's right: that I am more grieved and embittered, which leads me to be senseless and ignorant, and to act rather brutish. I'm hopeful this daily bread, and this year will lead to more closeness.
ksardo
ksardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down