Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September 1st

+2
carlossardo
Anthony
6 posters

Go down

September 1st  Empty September 1st

Post  Anthony Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:00 am

A Slower Pace
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

September 1st  Empty Re: September 1st

Post  carlossardo Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:50 am

I don't understand why I still get a feeling of surprise when I read these stories and they are directly associated to something I just did or discussed. On Friday I was in a conversation with a couple of work colleagues about the importance of simplifying our lives. We discuss the need to not have our possessions or want of possessions control our lives. The concept of taking the time for reflection and gratitude , just like today's author, keeps standing out in all our talks. "We too are called to slow down, to be refreshed physically, mentally, and emotionally, and to behold God in His good creation." God shares this recipe for healthy living, yet we ignore it. Then we egotistically complain about our quality of life or lack of happiness when the solution, given by God, is so simple. All we have to learn to do is, in the word of that classic hymn, "trust and obey...".
sunny
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sardo Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:27 am

A very good reminder as we are getting started in a new year. We easily forget the importance of observing a Sabbath day.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Haley Saba Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:01 pm

I would like to take the time to rest and see what God has done and realize how blessed I am. flower 
Haley Saba
Haley Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Saba Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 pm

Always when I have the chance or when I have time I need to think more about God and learn more about Him. afro 
Eric Saba
Eric Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Well, this discussion with my children has left me feeling a little like a bad parent.
I am not sure if the idea of a day of rest is difficult for them to understand because mom still does things like make dinner or iron for the next day or if we as a family have not done a good job of teaching them what it means to rest in the Lord. Definitely a conversation we need to continue to have.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down