Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September 2nd

+2
carlossardo
Anthony
6 posters

Go down

September 2nd  Empty September 2nd

Post  Anthony Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:01 am

Cupbearer To The King
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

September 2nd  Empty Re: September 2nd

Post  carlossardo Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:07 am

Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.” Colossians 3:23 This verse has always been one of my favorite motivators especially when I develop a bad attitude towards my job or employer. It reminds me that I was created by God for His pleasure and that my life should be lived in His service. How I do my job, both in attitude and competence, honors Him.

cheers It was great to see Tricia, Haley, and Eric back posting.cheers I know that as you take the time to do this activity you guys are honoring God and helping me learn and reflect on the many blessings in my life--Thanks
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 am

“Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.”
A good reminder, although much more difficult on long, tough days (when we need this reminder most).
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sardo Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:01 pm

When I need an attitude adjustment while cleaning the bathroom, ironing the same old shirts or washing the same ol dishes over and over again these are some of the verses that come to mind along with Colossians 3:17 and the song that goes with it. "Whatever you do whether in word or deed do it all in the name of The Lord Jesus." It quickly reminds me that God isn't looking at what the task is that I'm doing but he is looking at the attitude of my heart in whatever I do.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Saba Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:05 pm

Work hard for God!
Eric Saba
Eric Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Haley Saba Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:07 pm

I can work hard at my school work to honor God (until I have a job). Wink 
Haley Saba
Haley Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:14 pm

First, I like that my son knew the story of Nehemiah.  Not a regular story.  He can recall many of the stories about building...

Second, I love this devotion.  I don't know how people, even christians, who don't understand this concept make it through life or even a day.  If I wasn't working for the Lord I would have thrown my hands up a long time ago and called it quits.  Which also reminds me how important it is to follow God's plan (career or otherwise) for your life  and not your own desires.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down