Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 1st

4 posters

Go down

April 1st Empty April 1st

Post  Anthony Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:23 pm

No Substitute Needed
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

April 1st Empty Re: April 1st

Post  Sheri Sardo Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm always amazed after reading this scripture. To stop and think that anyone who knows me inside out would not only still want me but would freely give himself to suffer all that he endured during the last week of his life for me. Now that's LOVE. Amazing Love that I am so unworthy of but so grateful for.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:57 am

I chuckled a bit after reading today's message... Many times I've found myself disappointed when the "regular" pastor isn't giving the lesson. My focus should be on the message and not who's giving it!
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ksardo Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:00 am

I've done this - where we put our identity in the pastor, instead of in Jesus. You hear hints of it occasionally when we say things like "my pastor." It shouldn't matter who is preaching, and maybe it would be better if we switched it up more often. Sometimes, a different preacher says things in a way that I might not have heard otherwise. I need to work on appreciating everyone who brings a Good Word.

Love this verse and how David, flawed as the rest of us, has such a heart and understanding for the Lord.
ksardo
ksardo

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:38 pm

I think most modern Protestant churches identify too closely with the Pastor. Is that because some people go to church to be entertained? Is that because we elevate these guys to levels higher than regular men? Strangely enough, I don't recall this being an issue when I was Catholic. Mass was Mass. Hmm...
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down