Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 16th

4 posters

Go down

February 16th Empty February 16th

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Godspeed!
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 16th Empty Re: February 16th

Post  Anthony Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:59 pm

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.

Interesting. Are we to take the "do not take them into your house or welcome them" statement literally? A few weeks back I remember reading about how we should welcome everyone, even strangers, into our home and treat them with kindness. Perhaps today's reading is more of a warning that we should not be fooled by those who don't teach the gospel, and be careful not to be tricked into following them. This also reminds me of a former pastor who told us he would invite door-to-door missionaries from other religions into his house, in hopes of converting them. Laughing
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:43 pm

This kind of ties in with my thoughts from yesterdays reading, in that if we are in the word more often than not it, we will be better equipped to discern good and evil.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Haley Saba Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:44 pm

flower
Haley Saba
Haley Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:28 pm

I think its important to take into account the historical, cultural practices of the era. We are to show hospitality and welcome everyone into our homes for the sake of fellowship and witnessing especially the needy, hungry, and widows. That is very tough at times to do. The biblical warning is welcoming and nourishing those who intentionally preach and practice principles against the church. When we welcome those traveling ministers (no specific groups mentioned here) and facilitate their continuing to attack the Gospel we are doing the Gospel a disservice. It would be analogous to us going out and preaching what they preach.

What is challenging here for me is the hospitality we exhibit to those in need. Yea we hold parties and invite family and friends over but how often do we consider those needier than ourselves and have them come over? When was the last time you did? Embarassed Hmm... sounds like something to think about.
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down