Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 4th

4 posters

Go down

February 4th Empty February 4th

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Just Enough
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 4th Empty Dependence on Him

Post  carlossardo Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:33 pm

I grew up with one of the biggest worriers imaginable; my mother. It seems that if she didn't have something to worry about, she would start to worry about the lack of her ability to worry. I learned as a very young child that this lifestyle sucks the joy out of life. I also remember thinking that it reflected negatively on her trust in God. She was a lady who believed in the power of prayer and that you need to trust in God yet her constant worrying about every insignificant issues seems to be contrary to that trust. No This always created conflict for me.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Perhaps our worries come from not understanding our priorities of seeking him first. Embarassed I also know some who I would consider fairly "religious" who struggle with the issue of worry. Are some people simply predisposed to worry?

I choose to take today's reading as an affirmation that God is in control of my life and that worrying doesn't help me nor show glory to God. Much easier said, than done.
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

February 4th Empty Re: February 4th

Post  Tricia Saba Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:54 am

The Saba kids will be reading this devotional tomorrow...

I'm pretty sure mom knows this passage by heart since she would use this passage to give me peace during my teen years.
I have been studying the fruits of the spirit this year and have learned that the fruits of the spirit were written in a specific order for a reason. In this case peace comes after love and joy. In the recent months I have found it easier to have peace because I have first been seeking/practicing love and joy. Always easier said then done.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sardo Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Tricia, I wish I was in your bible study. I have never thought of the significance of the order of the fruits. Interesting!

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down