Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 11th

3 posters

Go down

February 11th Empty February 11th

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Numbered Days
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 11th Empty Getting Older also Helps...

Post  carlossardo Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:39 pm

...put things in perspective. I've noticed as I have aged that many things that were perceived to be important during my younger days have lost their relevance. Most of those could be categorized as materialistic possessions. Aging also has helped with my spiritual relationship. As Godly things become more important material things become less important. Coincidence? I don't think so!
sunny
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

February 11th Empty Focus on important things!

Post  Sheri Sardo Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:29 pm

"Our numbered days and the brevity of life call us to embrace God's eternal love and, like Moses, to focus on the most IMPORTANT THINGS."
Like Carlos mentioned, getting older Sad does have a huge impact on how we look at things. Also in this time of life I have watched our parents get older and not be in as good of health, you kids move away and we can't go see Ella and Asher after Sunday school or pick up Haley and Eric from school on Wednesdays. Friends have moved away, friends are busy caring for their parents or their parents have died (I go to more funerals these days). With all these drastic changes going on over the last few years it help me to put things In perspective and realize what is really important. Next to my personal relationship with God it is people and my relationships with them. I'm blessed to have not only kids and grand kids that love The Lord and we can even share this daily exercise but also my walking partner Kathy and Sandra, a friend at the gym, both read the daily bread and we are able to use it as a tool to be encouraging or to hold one another accountable. The other thing that has change for me in the past few years is that experiencing loss, by others moving or dying, has caused those of us that are left to really appreciate each other more and not hesitate to say "I love you" or to give each other a hug. I often leave the gym with a hug or an expression of love. It's a great way to start the day and usually causes me to praise God!

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

February 11th Empty Re: February 11th

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down