Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 27th

2 posters

Go down

March 27th Empty March 27th

Post  Anthony Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:21 am

Out Of Context
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

March 27th Empty Stretching the truth...

Post  carlossardo Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:25 pm

...is seen often within the Christian church. Most of the time we think of people who misquote out of convenience but there are other area that suffer from similar issues. If the word of God is so clear why do we have so many denominations? People still interpret to how they want to see God. One verse is turned around and a new denomination is born. Today we also suffer from multiple translations. As a person who grew up speaking two languages, there are lots of concepts that don't translate; sometimes because of the language sometimes because of the culture. I read a couple of years ago an article that mentioned that the worst thing happening in the church is that today's Christian families don't know the history of their own church. In today's reading its emphasized that Jesus knew the scriptures but He was also knowledgable of the history of those scriptures and how they came about. I need to take more time to study Gods word but also look at the history of the church so that it will help me keep things in the proper context.
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down