Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 24th

3 posters

Go down

March 24th Empty March 24th

Post  Anthony Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:20 am

Let It Go
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

March 24th Empty Re: March 24th

Post  carlossardo Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:42 am

Reflecting on today's topic sends my mind in many different directions. First, I am very much aware that to "those who have been given much, much is required". Secondly, I always wonder what God expects from us when we see a person in need. I don't imagine that there existed as many scams in biblical times as today. Yet I also understand that we are to give with an open heart. It is our attitude to giving that is important, not the scammer or how that person misuses the donation. The story today was easy. The Lord needed something. What should be our appropriate role when facing those in need? confused No Suspect
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Today's Biblical reading made me think of how awe inspiring it must've been to see Jesus in person!

In terms of the authors insight, I thought as Carlos did. My first inclination when I see a homeless person is that they'll use the money on alcohol, but like Carlos mentioned, our attitude towards giving is more important than what they'll do with it. Easier said than done I guess.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

March 24th Empty Blessings

Post  Sheri Sardo Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:28 am

Today's reading is such a good reminder of the blessings we are able to share in with others when we respond to Gods call to serve Him. How often have I missed the blessing and missed being a blessing to my Lord because I didn't respond when "The Lord had need of it" (Mark 11:3).

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down