Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 24th

3 posters

Go down

February 24th Empty February 24th

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:39 pm

God’s Lighthouse
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 24th Empty Re: February 24th

Post  Sheri Sardo Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Today's scripture had at least 2 different messages in it. In the Beatitudes I was once again reminded that in our weaknesses, struggles and pain we see and experience God love and mercy. Even in difficult times we are blessed. Possibly difficult to see the blessing at the time so a reminder like today is good.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:23 pm

“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

What an intriguing quote and how difficult it is for one to feel blessed while they're being blasted and ridiculed for their beliefs. How tempting it is to take the easy road and worship quietly. No
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:57 am

OK, I'm going to post this a second time, I hope it works. I posted yesterday but must have forgot to "send" it. It was interesting to read about the Beatitudes, Salt & Light and then have the meditation only on Light. Being the light is lots of responsibility. Knowing that people are looking to see Christ in me can cause some stress. Rolling Eyes When reading this I couldn't help but think of the saying that " if someday I am being persecuted for my beliefs I hope that there would be enough evidence to find me guilty."
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down