Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 14th

3 posters

Go down

March 14th Empty March 14th

Post  Anthony Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:16 am

Black Boxes
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

March 14th Empty Re: March 14th

Post  carlossardo Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:00 pm

When reading the history of the Israelites it is so easy to see the many times they disobeyed God and the unfortunate consequences that followed. Knowing that history you would thing we would be more cautious in our behaviors. I don't think that is the case. We have a tendency to criticize them yet we repeat many of their sinful ways Hmm...
Shocked
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:09 pm

The importance of history.
Last night I finished reading a book about Ernest Hemingway. After reading it I realize that the phrases "things sure have changed," or "it wasn't like that when I was little," are true only to an extent. Looking back biblically and otherwise we seem to repeat behaviors and although technology has changed we continue to make the same mistakes especially relationally. I find it fascinating that the history of the Israelites was conveyed to the Corinthian church hundreds (or longer) of years later and that we are still studying them today as a way to help us walk in our faith. Gotta love history!!!
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down