Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 25th

4 posters

Go down

February 25th Empty February 25th

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Always Accepted
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 25th Empty Re: February 25th

Post  Sheri Sardo Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Our rejections and disappointments, while painful to us, pale in comparison to what Christ must feel each time He is rejected, because He knows the finality of rejecting Him. Because of His great love for each one of us His desire is that no one would reject Him. With that same great love and understanding He is there to comfort us through any disappointments. He is just waiting for us to come to Him with our pain. It's comforting just knowing that He understands.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:04 am

I need to remember this for when my kids face rejection/disappointment. Hopefully if they hear it now, when disappointment strikes I can remind them of Christ's perseverance and they too can persevere.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:09 am

It's tough to understand even more to accept that good comes from rejection. I remember a couple of years ago when applying for jobs it seemed as if there was one rejection after another. Strangely enough I have always turned these things over to God and now with perfect hindsight I realize that God had a better plan for me to serve him. Along with this blessing came tons of peace & joy. I simply had to commit to God's timing, and not my own. That is something that can be tough to do at times.
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:10 am

Yes, Tricia what a wonderful lesson to learn at an early age. Some of us had to learn the hard way... Embarassed
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:12 am

Anthony, Anthony, where art thou...Anthony?
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:24 am

Estoy aqui!

If rejection has become a hindrance to the work God has given you to do, don’t give up.

Timely for me as I go trough a rough patch in the workplace. I guess the real question is, how do we know we're doing the real work God intends for us to do?

Personally, I have a much tougher time when our kids face disappointment: Eric striking out and tearing up, Haley being excited about getting an acting callback then realizing it's a scam, etc. Disappointment can build character for kids, but it hurts us as parents! No
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down