Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 25th

4 posters

Go down

January 25th Empty January 25th

Post  Anthony Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:17 pm

GUEST LIST
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 25th Empty Re: January 25th

Post  Haley Saba Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:15 pm

This is a great verse for today because a couple days ago I was asked if I could hang out
with someone and she is wierd.Again today I was asked if I wanted to go to the movies
I said I had sports but I would try to figure something out.But I did not want to play with
her.

Even though some pepole might be different we should give them a chance.
Haley Saba
Haley Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Today's reading made me think of the private schools I've visited recently. Students are almost all white and very wealthy... They have no special education programs to speak of at all. The facilities are immaculate and the teachers are top notch... In short, the kids who already have every advantage in life are given even more. Imagine such a school (free of course) setup for the poor and underserved!

Then Jesus said to his host, “When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. 13 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”

Interesting... I wonder how many people out there practice this?
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sardo Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:14 am

Yesterday we read that we were to walk as Jesus walked and today, through his teaching, we get a glimpse of just how he walked. He walked WITH the poor, crippled, lame and blind. That requires us to not only humble ourselves but also to give more of ourselves then we may have thought necessary. Ouch! I can think of where I have dropped the ball because the price felt too high. Time to pray and rethink that one.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Today's reading is very humbling. Embarassed It reminds us of WHO we should "be inviting" over to share our wealth. I have it easier than most of you in that I work in a very poor environment. Even some of our staff could use some extraordinary kindness. I really have to think about how to do this better. Stinkin' Thinkin': so if I'm only motivated to help the needy because I know I'll receive a blessing from God, is that wrong? Just saying Smile
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down