Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September 24th

3 posters

Go down

September 24th Empty September 24th

Post  Anthony Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am

A Friend In Need
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

September 24th Empty Re: September 24th

Post  Sheri Sardo Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:49 pm

The authors last sentence kind of wraps it up, "After all Christ has done for us, it's a blessing to be His hands and feet in loving one another". It's amazing but when I am faithful and serve others I always end up feeling blessed. The key is to be more faithful and do it more often. Sometimes I just don't want to be inconvenienced or give up my time, which causes not only the person in need to miss out but also causes me to miss the blessing! Not to mention a missed opportunity to glorify God.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:51 pm

I recently read an article in a scientific journal dealing with self-esteem. The article mentioned that many parents and schools have ideas or policies to increase self-esteem in children. Awards, complements and recognition are all included in their strategies. Ironically enough the study showed that the only true builder of self-esteem is to have an altruistic attitude and lifestyle. We are biologically rewarded with dopamine, the feel good drug, when we serve others. We were built to serve!
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down