Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 25th

4 posters

Go down

July 25th Empty July 25th

Post  Anthony Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:32 pm

Where can wisdom be found?
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

July 25th Empty Re: July 25th

Post  Sheri Sardo Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Two days this past week we read about being thankful for our blessings and now for the second time we are reading about wisdom and the humility that comes from wisdom. How wise of them to know that it takes a couple of doses for it to soak in.
There were some good reminders in the reading. It's never to late to begin growing in wisdom so I need to ask myself from time to time if this is happening in me. If its not its my own fault because James 1:5 tells us that whoever asks God for wisdom will receive it liberally. He is just waiting for us to ask. So what prevents us from asking more often? That's why we had to read about it twice. We need to be reminded.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:41 pm

I wonder when people ask or pray for wisdom what their motives might be. Asking for wisdom growth should be in order to better understand God and His wonderful world. Somehow my "stinkin' thinkin'"makes me think that the sinful nature of man would desire wisdom with great personal self-interest.scratch 
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:02 pm

No real comments today other than what stood out to me in the verse was "self-ambition."
And what stood out to me in the devotion was "God's workmanship in us."
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down