Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 19th

3 posters

Go down

June 19th Empty June 19th

Post  Anthony Fri May 31, 2013 2:51 pm

Play In Pain
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

June 19th Empty Let's Go Mets!!!

Post  carlossardo Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:01 am

Today's reading is about one of my favorite baseball players, Gary Carter. While I was a fan of his while he was a player for the Mets I, at the time, was not aware of his Christian faith. I admired him because he was a classy athlete who always played and carried himself with integrity. Later I learned of his faith. It's encouraging to hear of his inspirational stories and how he affected many lives. 
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

June 19th Empty Re: June 19th

Post  ksardo Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:34 am

I remember when dad and I sent out a bunch of baseball cards to guys we thought might sign them and send them back. Gary Carter sent back a note saying that he only signs cards if you make a donation to a cancer foundation, but he did include a signed 3x5 photo that I think is still in the old "Mets room."

I didn't know he was a believer, but it doesn't surprise me. 

Boy, I can't tell you when the last time was that I read from Lamentations, but that passage was incredible.

Oh, and there was one little funny part: the guy lamenting (Jeremiah) said, "It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD." Where does all his lamenting rank on the "quiet scale?" Just being silly.
ksardo
ksardo

Back to top Go down

June 19th Empty Re: June 19th

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down