Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 21st

3 posters

Go down

February 21st Empty February 21st

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Jars of Clay
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 21st Empty Letting The Lord Shine...

Post  carlossardo Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:11 pm

...through everything we do. "Life is not about you." What a wonderful reminder that we exist for His sake. When reading today's article I couldn't help but think of a T.V. program from last year. The program was GCB. The title of the show was so offensive that they went by initials. Its real name was Good Christian Bitches. You can see why so many people were offended that it only lasted a couple of seasons on the air. The concept of the show was about all those people who overtly go to church but really don't have the love of God within them. Church is a social event that brings them social advantages. There is no evidence of fruit of the Spirit. Everything they do, even at church, is for their advantage. What truly made the show shameless is that while you watch you can easily associate the characters to some individuals at church. Embarassed
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

February 21st Empty Re: February 21st

Post  Anthony Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:57 pm

When we do things for Christ, it’s not about us but about His glory. The less obvious we are, the more brilliant He becomes.

This is difficult for most people. We inherently want the credit whenever possible. I know there have been times in my life when someone else has received credit for things I've done... it bothered me more than it should have.

This remind me of something I read a while back regarding tithing and how some people write checks with the idea their name is noticed for this good deed when they could have just as easily used cash.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sardo Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:16 am

Ok, so I'm going to look at this scripture from a whole different perspective. Verse 4:8, "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed." What a BLESSING !!!!! Here we see the difference in the life of the Christian and the non Christian. Because of the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives we are NOT crushed, in despair, abandoned or destroyed. Praise God, I know that He is snapping this jar of clay into what he wants to reveal in me.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down