Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 21st

+2
Haley Saba
Anthony
6 posters

Go down

January 21st Empty January 21st

Post  Anthony Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 pm

OPEN ARMS
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 21st Empty Re: January 21st

Post  Haley Saba Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 pm

I think we should all forgive like how God forgives us if we really know what we did wrong and we are sorry for it.
We are Gods servant so if we mess-up on something,he is our master and we have to show love and compassion towards him and say you are sorry.

But we also need to show kindness and forgive one another to friends and family.
Haley Saba
Haley Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sardo Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Wow, what a tribute "loving with the Heart of God"!
This is a story from my childhood and a story I've taught MANY times but that doesn't make it any easier to practice. I think this is one of those things I will work on for a life time, unconditional forgiveness with the heart of God. But what a comfort to know that is what we have received from God.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

January 21st Empty we ARE the Prodigal sons of God

Post  carlossardo Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:29 pm

I couldn't help but think if there is a difference between forgiveness a father would have for his son versus that of a stranger. The love one has for a son (or daughter) is so intense that forgiveness seems so simple. God unconditionally forgave us, but he is GOD. It is only through the presence of the Holy Spirit that we are capable of a Godly forgiveness, although at a significantly simpler level. As children of God we are call to forgive. Something that to me always is a "work in progress".
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Sometimes I look at other parents celebrating their children's mildly successful behavior and think wow they are celebrating that when I know they royally screwed up the week before. After reading the prodigals son it makes me think, okay they are celebrating a step in the right direction. They are celebrating a changed heart and maybe instead of being critical I should celebrate too.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 pm

As today's story suggests, I don't think there is anything our children can do that we wouldn't ultimately forgive them for. But the Bible calls us to do the same for EVERYONE. That isn't so easy. Suspect
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 21st Empty LOVE

Post  ksardo Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:47 am

I've been meditating on the Great Commandment and it is amazing how far it reaches into every corner of our lives, and this story is a great example. The rest of life "hangs" on our ability (and maybe our willingness) to Love.
ksardo
ksardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down