Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 27th

2 posters

Go down

January 27th Empty January 27th

Post  Anthony Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:17 pm

THE MARK OF LEADERSHIP
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 27th Empty Re: January 27th

Post  Anthony Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Today's message is a good one. No matter how high one's position may be, it's important to serve others. During one of our moves a few year's back, the pastor of Riverlakes Church at the time was Dave Champness. I remember him showing up on one of our move days and helping us move some big items (I believe our refrigerator, etc). Here was a man with a very high position willing to spend his weekend helping us, who he only knew a little, move homes.

The message is the same whether you're a pastor, principal, teacher, etc.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:04 pm

We often forget that good leaders were at some point in their lives good followers. What is left out is the appropriate attitude necessary, that of a servant. I have a couple of administrators who at times forget this simple concept. I approached a friend who owns and runs a Leadership Institute. They advise large cooperations and have no church affiliations. As a consultant he is providing numerous leadership workshop and sessions for various groups on campus. I was impressed by his selection of reading material for my administrative group. He selected a book entitled Servant Leadership. He shared with me that his institute has researched numerous materials and found that having this type of strategy and attitude towards others had the most positive results. He is not Christian so I shared with him how similar it was to Biblical teaching. He then shared that the author was coming from an evangelical setting. God's designs work in all settings. We just have to remember that "serving others is the mark of a true leader."
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down