Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 20th

3 posters

Go down

March 20th Empty March 20th

Post  Anthony Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:19 am

Thoughts On Rain[u]
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

March 20th Empty Re: March 20th

Post  carlossardo Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Cute metaphorical use of the rain that hurts you, turning into the source that strengthens you. While I understand the "love your enemies" verses, I still believe it is so opposite from the teachings we have in our culture. Perhaps thats what makes it unique. It can only be accomplished with the presence of the Holy Spirit in us because it is so contrary to how we think. Something for all of us to work on. Embarassed
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:05 pm

I think this falls under the category of "I have too much damn "rain" (character)."

"Our loving God has allowed it to make us stronger." This is something that is easy to think about when there is sunshine and hard to remember or understand during the rainy times.

BTW Saba Kids are doing their Easter reading and I told them today that they could list the verses they are reading and their thoughts on that starting tomorrow. So if their posts seem a little more off then usual that is why. They will do this through Easter and then resume with the daily bread.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Sounds like a great idea! Very Happy
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content