Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 26th

+2
Eric Saba
Anthony
6 posters

Go down

February 26th Empty February 26th

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Giving Thanks
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

February 26th Empty Re: February 26th

Post  Eric Saba Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:12 pm

The people in the story were sad that Lazarus had died. But they weren't being patient for God's help. So always be patient and don't expect God to do something right away. Rolling Eyes
Eric Saba
Eric Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Haley Saba Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:18 pm

When you are sad there is something you can give thanks for. When you are thankful you will have joy. I like what Eric said too. To add onto Eric's, God didn't forget the people. He doesn't always give us a yes answer to our prayers, we have to be patient. flower

Last edited by Haley Saba on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haley Saba
Haley Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:28 pm

I had never picked up on the thanksgiving aspect of the Lazarus story, in thanksgiving we find joy. I like that.
Easy to remember sometimes tough to live out.

This reminds me of the Songs of Ascent in Psalms. Throughout their journey to Jerusalem each year, through dirt and heat, the Jewish people chose to travel with joy, singing these psalms. I'd like to "travel" with more joy!
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

February 26th Empty Discussion With My Children

Post  Tricia Saba Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:32 pm

When I asked Haley what she could be thankful for and therefore enjoy more she said the food on her plate.
Ahha!
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

February 26th Empty Reflection + Gratitude = Joy

Post  carlossardo Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 am

Since today's reading is about joy and thanksgiving, I want you all to know how grateful I am to have all of you, especially Eric & Haley, taking time out of your day to read and ponder on God's word. I gives me great joy!!!

I couldn't help but think about the 365 Grateful Project. The author is complaining about not being happy. After speaking to a Nun who was also a counselor, she is taught that the secret to happiness is reflection and gratitude. We need to look around and focus on the blessings even during tough stressful times. Reflection will makes us grateful to God and that will bring us great JOY!!! cheers

I encourage you to view the video again and think of some systematic way to reflect on your blessings.

www.indiegogo.com/The-Grateful-Project-365-Grateful-Documentary
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:19 am

I was actually telling the kids about that but couldn't remember what it was called. Thanks! I will show them in the morning!
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:25 am

Today's Bible reading reminds me of my favorite verse, John 20:29:

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Thanks for that video link Carlos, it's so easy to start taking things for granted and let life pass us by. We need to find time to slow down and be grateful for the many blessings we have (and there are many!).
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sardo Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:42 am

As you can tell this has been a topic of much discussion for us over the past year since Carlos came across the 365 Grateful Project. That on top of Tricia's voice in my head from conversations several years ago saying "happiness is a choice, we choose to be happy".
More and more I have come to rely on the practice of being thankful. As I reflect on what I'm thankful for it breeds more thankfulness and from this joy grows. Once again it reminds me of a verse that was made into a song that I learned as a child. Nehemiah 8:10, The joy of The Lord is my strength.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down