Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 26th

3 posters

Go down

January 26th Empty January 26th

Post  Anthony Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:17 pm

STORY TIME
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 26th Empty Re: January 26th

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:08 pm

letters of recommendation to you or from you? 2 You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. 3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts

I like this idea... Christians are all letters of recommendation for God. Yet we're all sinners and others often see us in this regard... Intriguing combination.

What is the story that those around us are reading through the letter of our lives? Stories of forgiveness? Compassion? Generosity? Patience? Love?

This is the ultimate "gut check." What story do others read in us? Suspect
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:09 pm

What a wonderful reminder that we are "billboards for Christ". We are watched constantly by those around us and our behavior and attitude says more about our spiritual relationship than anything that comes out of our mouths. But what happens when we don't display God's love appropriately? We are blessed to have loved ones around us, both family and friends, who can give us gentle, loving, and kind reminders. Like Haley gave Tricia the other day. Sorry TC I'm still laughing... cheers

Thanks for all the posting! I especially look forward to Haley and Eric's remarks. Being kids they bring a refreshing innocence to it all. Very Happy
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sardo Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:58 pm

When we think about where our daily lives take us in the course of a week and the variety of people we come into contact with we have an amazing opportunity to display our "letter from Christ". It's kind of an exciting challenge because I often notice how people, whether its those working in my house or waiting on me at the grocery store, respond so positively when treated with kindness and you take the time to acknowledge them. Such a simple thing that does so much good.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down