Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 30th

+2
Eric Saba
Anthony
6 posters

Go down

January 30th Empty January 30th

Post  Anthony Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:16 pm

UNSTOPPABLE
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 30th Empty Re: January 30th

Post  Eric Saba Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:29 pm

I liked the part that said, "we shouldn't assume that it is Satan trying to stop us. It might be God trying to to protect us."
Eric Saba
Eric Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Haley Saba Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:31 pm

If something is blocking my plans I need to remember it might not be Satan it might be God.
Haley Saba
Haley Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Once again this story prompted great discussion at the Saba's.
First, we read the story out of the Egermeirer's Bible Story Book Mom gave my kids and it uses the word ass. So needless to say Eric heard every word and remembers the story very well because was listening for me to say ass again. Great Bible story telling technique!
Second, we had a great discussion on how God is like a parent sometimes. I will make decisions for my kids that they don't like but it might be for their safety. But much like Satan I might make a decision for them because it is something I don't want to do. So then we talked about changing our perspective and checking our anger level when things don't go our way.
Lastly, the story made me think about the times maybe I did something half God's way and half my way...give up the control...surrender...submit...abide...
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 pm

Sometimes it is difficult to know if we are making decisions God wants us to do or we are just being guided by our own selfish ambition. It always seems that the people in biblical times had it easier. “What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?” I'm not sure what my reaction would be to a talking donkey. Ironically he has a conversation with the ass. (I just had to use that word for Tricia's sake). I believe that is why prayer and studying God's word is so important. If we are in daily meditation of God's word we have a much better chance of knowing his character. One reason I enjoy this activity so much. Very Happy
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sardo Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:08 am

Seems like just yesterday that we were talking about those prayers that it seamed like God wasn't answering or was saying no to when infant He was watching out for my best interest!!! I love the fact that God loves me THAT MUCH!
Saba family, grandpa is sick tonight but you made him feel much better with your postings!Smile

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:00 am

How difficult it is to know whether the perceived road block is something that you should overcome, or something that was put there for a reason.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down