Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 11th

3 posters

Go down

January 11th Empty January 11th

Post  Anthony Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:24 pm

EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 11th Empty Our joy complete!

Post  Sheri Sardo Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:28 pm

I like verse 4. Those that were eye witnesses of Jesus are writing to us about our fellowship with God and his son Jesus so that they might " make our joy complete". About a week ago we were discussing "happiness". Here we see it again, fellowship with believers and our Lord can make our joy complete. I think that's what I take away from this daily exercise, better fellowship with each of you and my Lord and the joy that comes from that. But now I believe the idea is to pass it on and share it with others just as John did here in today's scripture.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

January 11th Empty Re: January 11th

Post  Anthony Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:54 pm

The eyewitness accounts of Jesus’ disciples help lead us to faith in Christ. Even though we have not seen Him as they did, we have believed.

I think this is the biggest barrier for potential Christians and reminds me of one of my favorite verses, John 20:29:

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

In today's society we want proof for everything. "If I can't see, touch, or hear it, I don't believe..." is the mantra of many. That's why it's called FAITH. Smile
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 11th Empty Confession is Good, but...

Post  carlossardo Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:11 am

On December 30th Sheri and I attended Rosedale Bible Church. It was our 35th anniversary and that was the church where we were married. We attended Sunday School that was being taught by Richard. He challenged the class with the thought that repeated confession is not necessary after the initial confession to God of one's sinfulness. I couldn't help but think of this after today's reading. So consider me off topic. The last part of 1 John 1 reads, "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us."

You can see how verse 9 can be confusing. Does it mean that once we confess our sinful nature and accept Jesus' sacrifice on the cross that future confession is not necessary? Or is confession necessary continually? Is confession good for fellowship amongst believers, is that what it says? Makes for good discussion.
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

January 11th Empty Re: January 11th

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down