Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 12th

3 posters

Go down

January 12th Empty January 12th

Post  Anthony Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:24 pm

THE GIFT OF SLEEP
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 12th Empty Re: January 12th

Post  Sheri Sardo Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm currently feeling the truths of today's lesson. I guess I didn't realize how much my body was affected by how little sleep I had gotten in December due to the house project and everything that went on over the holidays. So now I am in Monterey doing a LOT of sleeping!!! Why? Because I can! I don't have to move furniture or get the house ready for workers or start on those 2 closets full of clothes to iron. Oh wait, I can't find those 2 closets of clothes. They are spread to 4 locations around the house.
That one line is very convicting, "Refusing God's gift of sleep is like telling Him that my work is more important than His". I know that anything I am doing is not THAT important so I need to figure out how to put everything in God's hands so I can sleep peacefully at night.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Interesting discussion today. Not having enough time is only one reason people don't get enough sleep. The other reason is one I've had issues with my entire life; not being able to sleep even when I try. There are few things worse than feeling tired but not being able to fall asleep. Staring at the clock that reads 2:00am and knowing you have to get up in 4 hours for work.

Like Sheri, I can definitely feel it on those real rough nights when I barely sleep. I'm physically hurt and am quite irritable!

I’m sometimes tempted to believe that the work I do when I’m awake is more important than the work God does while I sleep.

Intriguing... I've never consider the notion of God doing work while I slept.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 12th Empty Guilty!!!

Post  carlossardo Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:09 am

"Refusing God’s gift of sleep is like telling Him that my work is more important than His." One of many times that we narcissistically forget to consider how our actions impact God. We consider our bodies as ours and that it's no one's business but ours; God again is left out.

Although the author gave us something to consider, that's not what I got from Psalm 121. What I thought the message was that while we require sleep, God doesn't nor chooses to sleep. "He who watches over you will not slumber" because He is always on the job!
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down