Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 21st

+2
Sheri Sardo
Anthony
6 posters

Go down

July 21st  Empty July 21st

Post  Anthony Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:29 pm

Arrogance and Pride
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

July 21st  Empty Re: July 21st

Post  Sheri Sardo Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:46 am

Reading the article just before church this morning gave me a little time refocus and prepare for worship. Verse 17 was encouraging, "those who seek me find me". Now to be consistent in seeking wisdom.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:45 pm

I didn't read this until after church today and felt embarrassed that I was feeling so critical of some of the less talented members of the church choir. Embarassed 
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Saba Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Just because someone is goofing off does not mean you are better then they are. They may be worshiping excitedly. bounce 
Eric Saba
Eric Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Haley Saba Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:56 pm

I confess that when we play volleyball with other people I think that I am better than they are but really I am not. This is not being humble.
I can remember this devotion when I play any sport.Basketball 
Haley Saba
Haley Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricia Saba Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:11 pm

This was a little more difficult of a topic to discuss without saying to my children, "you are prideful when..." However, immediately following my children typing their responses we had a situation that came up that directly related and made this more tangible.
God is good.

Dad your response is funny because today in church a new pastor was introduced to our congregation. He was wearing bright orange pants. 2 of the men sitting by me that were 60+ could not stop commenting on the pants all throughout the service. I think while we need to not be distracted in our worship we need to be mindful that we do not distract others. We can't please everyone but it makes me also remember why we dress different for church than other places (or we used to, right dad Smile )

I like how the verse started with fearing the Lord. This year I have learned what fear of the Lord is while studying the Bible. I like that the verse reminds me as to why I hate pride and arrogance, because of my fear in the Lord.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down