Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 17th

4 posters

Go down

January 17th Empty January 17th

Post  Anthony Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:22 pm

TROUBLE
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 17th Empty Re: January 17th

Post  Sheri Sardo Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:11 am

Though there will always be trouble I like the comfort in verse 32. Just like the father is with his son we too are never alone we have that comfort of knowing God is always with us. Great to dwell on as I start my day!

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:46 am

Although we don’t always understand God’s purposes in the trials we experience, we can trust His heart because we know Him.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble.”

Very timely reading for me today... and with so much trouble in the world, these are good to remember.

But take heart! I have overcome the world

cheers
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:16 am

I could relate to the author's issue with a tough December and the hope that accompanies the start of a new year. The start of the new year saw continued issues. The interesting thing was that as I turned more towards God I felt His hand in everything that happened. When I should have felt great stress, I experienced enormous peace. When we turn to God and He is in our lives we can only have peace.
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

January 17th Empty Take Heart

Post  ksardo Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:02 am

If you have not heard the song "Take Heart" by Hillsong United, I highly recommend you take a minute, download it on iTunes and have a listen. The chorus is much like this message. He says, "So take heart" and then lists all the things that Jesus has overcome. It is very encouraging.

This bit is so true, that there will be tribulations. And knowing what sin has done to us and this world, I would wake up with a dark countenance if it weren't for a few short scriptures like this "take heart" and the "But God," in Eph 2:4.

So take heart!

PS - I'll try to remember to take the laptop to San Mateo next week so I don't miss WED & TH
ksardo
ksardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down