Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August 12th

3 posters

Go down

August 12th Empty August 12th

Post  Anthony Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:06 am

The Blessed Hope
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

August 12th Empty Re: August 12th

Post  Sheri Sardo Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:15 pm

I've missed to many of these readings and there is NO excuse! Today's reading knew just how to lay the guilt on too. "When we grow in character through His written word, we begin to relate more closely to Jesus, the Living Word. The Holy Spirit takes God's Word and guides us in the way to live". I need to DAILY be in the word because it really does create a closeness with my Savior and helps to keep me on track in all areas of my life.

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  ksardo Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:31 am

One of the interesting things I've noticed while looking for a community to fellowship with in our new area, is the lack of complete Belief Statements on church websites. The most common item left out is eschatology (end times). In the past this has caused such bitter splits within churches, it is intentionally left out, and in its place is an assertive statement declaring something along the lines of: WE WILL ALL GET ALONG.

While the nerdy/proud part of me wants to push for an answer, with every passing year my heart is softened a little more and I have put more of a priority on loving those whom I may not agree with, but can still fellowship with. I'm very thankful to The Pursuit in Boise for murdering my pride and teaching me how to love. It's an unfinished process, probably part of sanctification, but I'm thankful more and more for Christians who practice and have taught me to Love First. While there is a time and a place to talk about the deeper issues of faith, it is generally not everyday, and my point-of-view will never matter if the person I am talking with does not feel & see the love of Jesus in my words, tone, and actions.

In the end, I suspect that our three-pound-fallen-brains fail to comprehend the hows and whys of His glorious return. We may miss it, just as many missed his first-coming. Maybe that is why the Bible constantly warns not to obsess with the end times. And maybe that is also why, as the author says, it is still our "blessed hope."
ksardo
ksardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down