Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 23rd

4 posters

Go down

July 23rd Empty July 23rd

Post  Anthony Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:30 pm

Road Construction
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

July 23rd Empty Re: July 23rd

Post  carlossardo Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:13 am

Today's author states, "The old way paved with laws became a new way paved with the sacrificial love of Jesus". This brings to mind something that I've always questioned since I was a child. If Jesus freed mankind from the laws and legalistic relationship we had with God, then why is it that we always establish churches with so many rules and regulations (laws)? If we establish laws that Jesus came to free us from are we being disobedient?  pale Hmm... What do you think? 
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

July 23rd Empty SABA MOM and KID RESPONSE

Post  Tricia Saba Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:20 am

We discussion blood atonement. Eric was concerned the passover might happen again. Very Happy 
We talked about rules in churches being to help us live and behave in a manner that would show others the love of God.
Tricia Saba
Tricia Saba

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:40 pm

To a degree, I believe people need laws/rules and I believe the heart of the issue boils down to all the different interpretations of the Bible. I also think it's impossible for man to keep his motivations/selfishness "out of it" at times, and to totally relinquish control to a "free religion."
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ksardo Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:42 am

I love this simple explanation if the difference between the transition from the OT to the NT. "The old way paved with laws became a new way paved with the sacrificial love of Jesus." Jews becoming Christians really struggled with it. It is even something that modern Jews don't get (John Stewart, etc.) On the other hand, like dad's question, there are still Christians who try to live under the law. Paul talked about our freedoms in Christ in 1Corinthians and the entire book of Galations is about this concept of what to do with the old law & Jesus. Since grace abounds, should our sins increase? No! Quite the contrary. to paraphrase Paul.
ksardo
ksardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down