Daily Bread Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 3rd

4 posters

Go down

May 3rd Empty May 3rd

Post  Anthony Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:12 am

Momma’s Rules
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

Back to top Go down

May 3rd Empty Re: May 3rd

Post  Sheri Sardo Fri May 03, 2013 9:05 pm

There are so many good "rules" in this passage. What is standing out to me today is verse 32. This is one of those verses that was put to music for my 1st graders. "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you". If only the world were filled with a few more people who found value in this "rule".

Sheri Sardo

Back to top Go down

Post  carlossardo Fri May 03, 2013 11:28 pm

When I read today's passage I recalled thinking about how I viewed the church when I was in high school. I remember thinking, "some look at the standards God set forth in the Bible as obstacles that prevent us from enjoying life." I didn't appreciate God's word as a guideline for living instead felt that there was a long list of rules that prohibited me from enjoying life. It seems that if it was fun, it was prohibited. I viewed God as an accountant, keeping a log of every sin and transaction in my life. Later, with time, I learned to see God's guidance and loving discipline in the scriptures. It just took a little time.
carlossardo
carlossardo

Back to top Go down

May 3rd Empty Guard-rails

Post  ksardo Sat May 04, 2013 12:54 pm

I love how so much of the Word can be reduced down to the Great Commandment: Love God, love others.
ksardo
ksardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum